The purpose of Briotix Health is to build relationships with clients and their workforce to deliver meaningful results in employee health while leveraging next generation technology. We strive to deliver efficient and effective solutions to the Working Athletes™ we serve. Our three areas of focus are Industrial Sports Medicine, Office Ergonomics & Health and Specialized Solutions, all service lines support these focused areas.
About the Position:
Briotix Health is looking to add a skilled full-time Patient Mobility Specialist to service our long-standing client in the San Francisco, CA area. This safe patient handling position is ideally suited for an individual who possesses a strong educational & program management background, is comfortable working autonomously, and has the desire to work daytime, weekday hours (full-time, 40 hours per week). This opportunity allows for a flexible schedule Monday through Friday between the times of 9-5:30p. Our training and mentoring program provides a foundation of knowledge for providers learning a new care setting and industry.
This unique position provides the opportunity to learn a new setting and to collaborate with other providers across the nation to deliver exceptional services and world class outcomes to our clients and staff. We offer our full time employees incredible opportunities for personal and financial growth with a generous salary rate, medical benefits, retirement plan, CEU reimbursement, and MORE!
- Provide on-site didactic and hands on training for nursing and other medical center staff in the use and proper application of available unit specific safe patient handling equipment to ensure OSHA compliance, improve patient and medical staff safety during transfers and bedside activity and promote a culture of injury prevention and safe patient handling throughout the medical center
- Provide training to nursing staff on application and implementation of BMAT (bedside mobility assessment tool) to identify mobility levels of patients in their care; to outline mobility plans when mobilization is needed for patient care activities
- Assist in the analysis and investigation of employee patient handling injuries by providing expertise in safe patient handling best practices; identify and provide recommendations for additional training for incident avoidance
- Coordinate enhancements in interdisciplinary communication regarding safe patient handling and mobility
- Outline, develop and create safe patient handling collateral materials: newsletters, tip sheets & equipment guides to foster safe patient handling best practices and equipment application and use
- Record and report on engagements including job coaching, training and consultation requests; updating records regularly for compliance tracking
- Responsible for equipment tracking, accessory inventory and supply; identifying defective or damaged equipment, initiating red tag and repairs
- Assist in tracking SPH legislation to identify areas, activities or training focus shifts needed to ensure ongoing MC compliance
- Ability to self-start on tasks as they arise
- Experience with educating small to medium size groups
- Experience in proper lifting mechanics and ergonomics
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, via video skype, and in writing
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Reliable transportation
- 4 year degree in a medical discipline or related field (Athletic Training, Exercise Physical Therapy, Kinesiology, Sports Medicine, etc)
- Masters degree in related field
- Experience in program management