Ensworth is an independent, coeducational high school with 460 students that fields 18 TSSAA Varsity sports (and multiple JV sports) in addition to Swimming & Diving, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Cheer, and Ice Hockey. We are seeking an athletic trainer that will uphold the Ensworth vision statement of “a school community dedicated to following the highest principles with the greatest love, as characterized by moral integrity, intellectual vitality, discipline, compassion, humor, and joy.” It is imperative that our athletic trainer embodies our vision statement, be self-motivated, a clear communicator, knowledgeable, and has a teacher’s heart.
- Master’s Degree in Athletic Training or related field
- NATABOC Certification; maintain current certification and continuing education requirements as set forth by the Board of Certification
- Tennessee Athletic Training License; maintain current state licensure in accordance with Tennessee Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners
- CPR/First Aid certified; maintain current certification in CPR/First Aid and complete appropriate trainings as required by STAR Physical Therapy and Ensworth High School
- Injury prevention, evaluation, management, treatment/referral, and coordination of return to play for all student injuries in conjunction with the current high school sports medicine team
- Assist with administrative duties including, but not limited to, student health records, ImPACT concussion baseline testing, coaches education courses and forms, faculty health and safety training, and daily documentation of injuries at the high school
- Communication with parents, coaches, school nurse, school counselor, and faculty at the high school
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Wellness and Athletic Director
- Flexible hours to accommodate coverage of practices/games and daily fitness program
- Game coverage of varsity football, including travel
- Travel during post-season (of other sports)
- Coverage of Saturday athletics when applicable (shared with other athletic trainer)
- Be a part of a sports medicine team that includes additional athletic trainers and team physician
- This position is employed and paid through STAR Physical Therapy. Information regarding STAR Physical Therapy can be found at www.starpt.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For further information, please call Ed McDonald at 513-791-0568 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org